Summer 2022 Internship with The Asian Chamber of Commerce
Summer 2022 Internship with The Asian Chamber of CommerceLocation: Houston, TX (Westchase Area)
Do you have great people skills? Want to learn the operations that goes behind the scene in managing a Chamber? The Asian Chamber of Commerce is looking for qualified candidates and providing opportunities to grow their business skills and be involved with one of the fastest growing communities in Houston. Being part of this internship program will build administration skills, grow your network and be mentored by a dedicated staff who services the Asian Business Community.
About The Asian Chamber of Commerce
The membership of the Asian Chamber of Chamber Houston consists of both individuals and companies from many different sectors (Asian and non-Asian) who are involved or interested in doing business with Houston's Asian-American communities or trade between Houston and Asian countries, as well as those who service such trade. The chamber also counts among its members representatives of local and federal government bodies as well as of consulates and other representative offices of Asian countries.
- Ability to work 10+ hours a week (some in the evenings for events)
- Make and answer phone calls in a professional manner
- Update website and social media with content
- Handle event registration and sign in
- Various activities that support the staff and operations
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization/staff in a professional manner
- Excellent MS Office skills (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Social Media experience is desired but not mandatory
NOTE: Compensation will be discussed at time of interview.